Wiki-Leaks strengthens the reasonable fears and concerns that I have with Iran, that we should all have. After reading the below comments, I have to ask if Obama is afraid to act or believes that appeasement truly is the best way to go through a hostage situation. I sau hostage situation because, if the oil and nuke situation coming does not force action or complete surrender, then those options will have to be discussed when Iran does have nuclear arms AND is the president of OPEC.
- Saudi King Abdullah repeatedly urged the United States to destroy the Iranian program. “He told you [Americans] to “cut off the head of the snake,” the Saudi ambassador to Washington, Adel al-Jubeir said, according to a report on Abdullah's meeting with the U.S. general David Petraeus in April 2008. Abdullah told a US diplomat: "The bottom line is that they (the Iranians) cannot be trusted."
- Officials from Jordan also called for the Iranian program to be stopped by any means necessary while leaders of the United Arab Emirates and Egypt referred to Iran as “evil,” and an “existential threat.”
- Iran has obtained advanced missiles from North Korea that could let it strike at Western European capitals and Moscow.
- Crown Prince bin Zayed of Abu Dhabi (UAE) said in one cable: “Any culture that is patient and focused enough to spend years working on a single carpet is capable of waiting years and even decades to achieve even greater goals.” His greatest worry, he said, “is not how much we know about Iran, but how much we don’t.”
- Kuwait's military intelligence chief told Petraeus Iran was supporting Shi’ite groups in the Gulf and extremists in Yemen.
- The United States failed to stop Syria from supplying arms to Iranian-backed Hezbollah terrorists in Lebanon, who have amassed tens of thousands of rockets aimed at Israel. One week after Syrian President Bashar al-Assad promised a top State Department official that he would not send new arms to Hezbollah, the United States had information that Syria was providing increasingly sophisticated weapons to the group.
- Iran smuggled weapons to Hezbollah in ambulances and medical vehicles in violation of international conventions. Hamas also used such vehicles for military and arms-smuggling operations.
- Iran withheld from the International Atomic Energy Agency the original design documents for a secret nuclear reactor.
Oh, one of the two threat situations comes about today. Today the world will find out if Rastam Ghasemi,a general in the IRGC, is confirmed as the president of OPEC.